1) Is there a deadline to audition?
Yes. Please make sure to upload an audition video to YouTube within 31 days of filling out the audition application on The 111 Project page. If you submit multiple application forms, your deadline will be based on your FIRST application date.
2) How do I audition?
First, submit the audition application form on The 111 Project page to apply for our auditions. You only need to submit the form once. You will receive a detailed audition instructions email after you apply. Second, upload your audition video on YouTube. You MUST follow ALL the rules and requirements on the audition instructions email to qualify for this audition.
3) Do I need to go to Korea during or after auditions?
Our entire audition process is conducted ONLINE, not in person. You are NOT required to come to Korea during or after our audition process. With the exception of Phase 1 (which is not public), TaleN users will vote for and support TaleN Stars ONLINE. If you wish to come to Korea, you must apply for our Offline Training Programs in Seoul. Find more information about our programs below.
4) Do I need to be Korean to audition?
No. We are open to all ethnicities and cultures! TaleN auditions recruit global members and we have many foreign applicants, including Indians.
5) How many times can I audition?
There can only be ONE audition entry per person! The TaleN Team will check all audition submissions and disqualify applicants who submit more than one audition video. If you take our vocal or dance pre-recorded online lessons, you will get a chance to submit a second entry. If you take both our dance and vocal lessons, you get to submit two more entries! You can also participate in one of our Offline Training Programs in Korea for another chance to audition.
6) Can I send in my audition video before taking the pre-recorded online lessons?
You can, but please remember that you will not get another opportunity to audition until you take our pre-recorded online lessons! If you take our pre-recorded online dance or vocal lessons without auditioning, you will have two chances to audition after you complete the lessons. The same rule applies to our Offline Training Programs. If you take both our dance and vocal lessons without auditioning, you will have three chances to audition in total after completing the lessons.
7) Who is evaluating the audition submissions?
Our internal evaluations team is looking over the submissions and collectively deciding on the applicants who get to move onto Phase 2.
8) When will we get responses back about our auditions?
Please expect to hear back from us within 31 days of uploading your audition video. Please note that we will only be reaching out to applicants who have been selected for Phase 2. Those who move onto Phase 2 will become TaleN Stars with their own video channel on the TaleN platform.
9) Can I upload my audition entry on Instagram (or any other platform than YouTube)?
To make our audition process fair for everyone, we are requiring you to upload to YouTube. However, feel free to also upload the video on your Instagram- that way you can promote your video to your followers and ask them to vote for your video on YouTube. We will still be judging based on the likes you get on YouTube.
10) How do I know you received my audition video?
Please understand that due to the amount of inquiries we receive, we will only reach out to applicants who have been selected to move onto Phase 2. If you don't hear back from us within a month of submitting your audition video, it means you didn't make it to the next phase.
11) Any questions regarding video requirements (location, time frame, background, etc...).
Please make sure to read over our audition instructions email closely! All of our general rules and video requirements are listed on there. You cannot qualify as an applicant unless to you meet ALL the rules and requirements listed on the email.
12) Do I need to pay to audition?
No, you do not. All you have to do is follow the instructions on the audition instructions email.
13) How long does my audition video have to be?
The video must be a full length of a song.
14) Due to the corona virus situation, my area of residence is under a lock-down. Can I film in my house?
Yes, we are making an exception during this difficult time and allowing audition videos to be filmed indoors. However, those who do will be asked to re-film their audition video once they move onto Phase 2. If you want to avoid filming another video, we recommend shooting your video on your rooftop, on a street, or your garden.
15) Can I do a remix instead of a full song?
Yes, just make sure that your remix is the length of a full song!
16) I’ve never taken singing or dancing classes before, will this put me at a disadvantage?
No, we will be evaluating you based on your skills and potential, regardless of what your training background is. You can benefit from taking singing or dancing classes to improve yourself, but you won't be penalized for not taking them.
17) Can I choose more than one genre for my audition video?
We are only allowing one entry per project for now, unless you take our Online or Offline Training Programs (as stated above). If the song you choose combines elements of two or multiple genres, that is fine. Just know that your submission can't be two separate video entries.
18) Will I be able to perform in front of big crowds if I pass the online audition?
Not right away. Once you pass the auditions, you will have chance to post video content for an online global audience. If you become selected as a TaleN Trainee, you will have the chance to compete with other Trainees to become a TaleN Star. TaleN Stars debut in groups or as solo artists, and get to have their own online/offline showcase and concerts!
19) Would it be okay for me to play background music if I plan on singing and dancing?
Yes! The no background music rule only applies if you are submitting a vocal entry. If you plan on dancing, or dancing and singing during your video, you can play music:
*Dance entry: Track can contain vocals
*Dance and vocal entry: Track must be instrumental
1) Are TaleN's Online and Offline programs free?
No! Please refer to the Programs page for more pricing information. However, there is the option of taking our programs for free- refer to question 11 below.
2) Why should I take TaleN's Online and Offline programs?
There are three main reasons for why you should take our programs:
1. If you are already good enough you can apply for our audition or other auditions right away. However, if you want to win auditions it is important to get training and practice. That's why we recommend that you take our programs.
2. Those who purchase our programs can receive audition counseling from the TaleN Team. Non-program purchasers will be disqualified if they send the TaleN Team any audition inquiries through email, social media, or messenger.
3. Those who purchase our programs can submit an additional audition entry per program purchased. Non-program purchasers can only submit ONE entry per project (ex: The 111 Project).
EX1) If you audition WITHOUT purchasing any Online or Offline programs, you get to submit one audition entry in total.
EX2) If you purchase one of our online pre-recorded lesson sets (Vocal & Rap, Dance, OR Beauty), or one of our online live lesson sets (Vocal, Dance, OR Korean) you get to submit 2 audition entries in total. (Purchase 2 sets= 3 entries, 3 sets= 4 entries, so on..)
EX3) If you purchase one of our Offline Training Programs in Korea, you get to submit an additional audition entry!
3) How do I register for Online and Offline programs?
Online Programs: You can purchase our Online vocal and dance lessons on our Programs page. You can pay with your PayPal account or your debit/credit card.
Offline Programs: Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) your desired program, program duration, and approximate date of arrival and departure, and we will send you the payment link and invoice regarding detailed programs to you.
4) Can I go to Korean to train?
Yes, you can train in Korea if you apply for our Offline Training Programs in Seoul. You must pay to attend these programs. If you wish to try out for Kpop idol music auditions in Korea, you can participate in our Offline Kpop Audition Training Program.
5) I can't afford your programs.
If you become a TaleN star by being selected in Phase 1 of our online audition and are able to raise funds from users via your TaleN Star channel, TaleN will apply the funds raised toward your training at its discretion. However, if you can't raise funds via your TaleN Star channel, or if you just want to participate in our programs without auditioning, then you will need to purchase the programs.
We highly recommend our Online vocal and dance lessons if you need a more affordable training option! Don't miss our pre-launch promotion.
6) Do you offer Korean language programs?
Yes, you can participate in our Offline Training Programs in Korea to improve your Korean! You can take lessons at a Korean language academy during the program.
7) Do I have to be Korean? Do I have to learn Korean?
No, our auditions and training programs are open to people of all nationalities! Learning Korean can be helpful if you want to train in the Kpop genre, but not a necessity for other genres.
8) Do I have to move to Korea once I become a Trainee?
No, you can choose to train through our Online Training Programs and train from anywhere. We are also planning on expanding our network of instructors and schools globally, so you will be able to connect with an instructor or a school in your local area through TaleN and train in person!
9) Do Offline programs require me to pay extra for the equipment needed, or is that already covered?
No, our Offline program costs are inclusive of any equipment fees.
10) Is there any weight criteria for training?
11) Do I have to follow a specific time schedule for your Offline/Online programs?
Our pre-recorded online lessons can be viewed anytime, anywhere for your convenience. Our live online lessons will require you to schedule a time with your online instructor. As for our Offline Training Programs, you will have a program itinerary class and activity times that you will follow.
12) How can I train for free?
If you become a TaleN star by being selected in Phase 1 of The 111 Project and are able to raise funds from users via your TaleN Star channel, TaleN will apply the funds raised toward your training at its discretion. However, if you can't raise funds via your TaleN Star channel, or if you just want to participate in our programs without auditioning, then you will need to purchase the programs.
1) If I get chosen as a TaleN Trainee, what happens next?
As a Trainee, you will become a part of The 111 Project, where you will continue to post videos, train, interact with fans, and raise support funds on TaleN. The main difference is that you will get to compete with other Trainees for a chance to debut online/offline as a Debut Group Member.
2) What is TaleN's vision?
Please refer to our About page.
3) Can anyone open their own video channel on TaleN?
No. In order to open a video channel on TaleN, you must enter our online audition and be selected by the TaleN team to move onto Phase 2.
4) I sent an email to , but did not get a response.
Please understand that due to the amount of inquries we receive, we cannot respond to all individual email inquiries. Please refer to this TaleN FAQs page for any questions you have.